So this is the second Birchbox that I have, and the last one for a while, as this was a one off as it was a two for one. I’m actually a bit bummed that it’s going to be the last one, especially since I stopped due to not liking the products so much (and also because I have a LOAD of things to try and get through already). However these boxes are pretty cute and I am actually liking this box where you can design / sew on what you’d like.
Anyway, let’s get to the contents (like last month, the prices are the ones if you are a subscriber):
- Amika: Nourishing mask. 250ml – 24.65Eur
- 20ml – 1.97Eur
- Comments: I think I received this before (from a Glossybox) and I don’t mind having this again. I think the product works well, though not something I might necessarily buy myself. If I remember correctly, I used a load last time so it only got a few uses but I’m just going to concentrate on the tips this time.
- Anatomicals: Citrus body scrub. 200ml – 5.10Eur
- 50ml – 1.27Eur
- Comments: A body scrub, why not in terms of the exfoliating. Slightly better than a plain old shower gel anyway. Not sure if I like the packaging but then it doesn’t bother me too much, just means I’d probably not see this in the shop and want to buy it.
- Huygens: Le gommage visage. 50ml -16.92Eur
- 10ml – 3.38Eur
- Comments: I received this also from a Glossybox, and I didn’t mind this so again I don’t mind have things. I think this brand isn’t something I would go out to buy something but more than happy to continue receiving it in my beauty boxes. This mask has tiny grains to help exfoliate and I actually like the smell (vervine) as it smells fresh and cleansing.
- Modelco: Highlighting trio. 3.6g – 13.60Eur
- 3.6g – 13.60Eur. Full size
- Comments: Although this product costs the price that you’d pay for a one off Birchbox, and therefore earns itself, I don’t think I would use this at all. It’s a cream highlighting trio, and a quick look online tells me that it seems to be good and does the trick, but for me I tend to stay away from the cream bases products. I’m still debating whether to keep this or give this away..
- Ren: V-Cense creme de nuit revitalisante (Night cream). 50ml – 38.25Eur
- 15ml – 11.47Eur
- Comments: Wow, I think this is the first time I can try something from this brand and I am excited to as well. I think many people think highly of this brand ( I might be wrong but to me it appears like that anyway) and this is a pricey product. I’ve put aside my Embryolisse to make room for this as my night cream. So I can try it out asap
So the total value of this box is 31.70Eur, which is definitely thanks to the Ren and Modelco products. Considering a normal box is 13Eur, and then I paid 13Eur for 2 boxes, and therefore 6Eur for this box…BARGAIN! This is actually why I think I have a beauty/skincare hoarding problem. Forget clothes or shoes.. I like to trawl through Sephora and fill my bathroom cupboards until I can see no space. Not sure when I will have time to actually try and finish everything, one of the reasons why I stuck with just Glossybox, but we shall see. That day will come when I have a manageable amount of products (perhaps)…ok I got side tracked there. Point is, I feel that this is great value, good products and a kick ass designed box. I’d consider re subscribing if I didn’t have too much things already.