So, from my last post, I mentioned that I have two advent calendars this year. This one has only 12 doors, so what I actually decided to do was a countdown to the countdown! I took the photos of the advent calendars as soon as I got them, but only started to open these doors (one day at a time!) 12 days before the 1st December.
I think of this post like an unboxing, and here we have the items..
I obviously did look up what were included before deciding what calendars to get, but I didn’t look too much in detail about which days were in what and so on to give some sort of element of surprise.
I’m still happy I have this one, and I can’t really pick a couple of products that I’m really excited about but I’ll give it a go:
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl in Gilded Honey – this looks so pretty! I’m sure I’ve heard of this brand before and the swirl in how they pressed this really looks pretty. I don’t use highlighter’s alot but this is so pretty looking.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow polishing mask – I’ve been so interested in this brand for a long time so I’m super glad to have a sample to try out
- Nuxe Reve de Miel – I’ve bought this before and I liked it, and with winter here my lips are always dry and chapped. This is perfect, plus you can’t ever have enough of lipbalms can you?
The products I’m probably least excited about…hmm..Ok..
- Rimmel Lipstick in the Best of the Best – only because I have a ton of lipstick, red ones too, but that’s the only reason. I am actually curious about the lipstick because I haven’t ever had a Rimmel lipstick before..
- Bourjois Paris eyeshadow in Originale – again, because I have enough eyeshadows already. The colour seems something that I wouldn’t go for myself, but it is glittery and so goes well with the festive theme. Again, I’ve never tried Bourjois eyeshadow before (or any other product for that matter!) but I remember at school always being interested in the brand and especially the eyeshadows for the packaging..so dreams really do come true in December (haha)
- Percy & reed Hair Wonder Balm – I don’t use hair products much, more so in the winter if I am drying my hair so perhaps this is good timing. It is a miracle leave-in balm which preps and primes your hair, ready for the styling products and techniques. It makes the styling products work wonders (apparently) giving more control and longer lasting results… Ok well that description has me sold but I don’t know if I’ll see / notice any difference!
In all, I really do like these products and this year’s got me already wondering for next years beauty advent calendars offerings!