As mentioned, I’m playing catch up since my moving left me with no time to update my blog, and being so close to the summer break means I’ve been MIA more than I’d have liked. So now is the September Glossybox!
Firstly, I’m loving this Glossybox design with the marble effect. It’s probably one of the better designs that I’ve received in my opinion. It looks like this month everyone has got the same items, which I don’t know if I necessarily like or not but at least this way there is no wishing that I had got something else.
- Academie scientifique de beaute – fluide dermo-hydratant. 50ml – 34.20Eur
- 15ml – 10.26Eur
- Comments: I’ve received this brand before and I think they do have hydrating products – that I normally use over night since I am quite oily – so I don’t mind having another one but that’s the third one now… I’m up for a change please!
- Too faced better than sex waterproof. 7.65g – 23Eur
- 4.8g – 14.43Eur
- Comments: I have the bigger size of this mascara, as well as the smaller non waterproof version, all of which I haven’t tried yet so I hope it is worth it! Mind you I have heard/ read good things about it so I supposed I’m not worried too much
- Universal beauty cosmetics – secret flush. 4.50g – 18Eur
- 4.50g – 18Eur. Full size
- Comments: I don’t rate multi purpose lip and cheek products so much, I can’t say I’ve tried many but the few that I have I don’t think do too good a job on either. This shade seems interesting though so this one might work..let’s see.
- Secret product
- This was a total secret, but having received since the box that it is a Head and Shoulder’s shampoo, I guess I am disappointed that an easily accessible brand was this secret shampoo. Seems a bit weird though? As for the secret part, it was kind of interesting to see what it was but I think when it comes to shampoos I would rather know what it is since I try to take a bit more care to see what the ingredients are.
- The vintage cosmetic company – cleaning brush tool. 7.50Eur
- I actually have a brush egg from Amazon..or maybe it was ebay, that is exactly the same only I paid something like 2 or 3Eur for it. For that reason I gave this to a colleague of mine because I really didn’t see the need to have two. Especially when I hardly use mine anyway. I feel these tools are great for the small eye brushes, but anything bigger I always end up doing a second wash with my fingers anyway to get the product and colours out.
So in total, this box was worth 50.19Eur at least (as I don’t have a price for the shampoo), so when I take away the cleaning brush tool, it still makes for a good value for price. However, if I take away the cheek and lip duo it makes 24.69 and mostly thanks to the Academie scientifique de beaute product. So actually, this month didn’t excite me too much and I certainly didn’t feel like I hit the jackpot with this one. Apart from the awesome looking marble box.. oh well. You win some and you lose some…