So there was a buy 1 box get the 2nd free offer going on with vente-privee so I took the chance to get the Birchbox again and with October’s box I am not regretting that so far. (Birchbox has two prices, the prices for box subscribers and the prices for non box subcribers. I’m comparing the price for box subscribers here.)
- Davines – replumping hair filler 100ml – 100ml -25.02Eur
- 50ml – 12.56Eur
- Comments: Anything that replumps / fills / promotes hair growth I am up for! I have fine hair and I could do with these types of products so very happy to receive this. You spray to the roots on clean towel dried hair and let it do it’s thing!
- Davines – replumping shampoo 250ml – 16.20Eur
- 12ml – 0.78Eur
- Comments: It’s a replumping shampoo which is great but it has sulfates, which is not so great as I am trying to avoid, or heavily limit, my exposure to sulphate based shampoos. It’s a small packet though so into the gym bag it goes!
- Embryolisse – Micellaire water 250ml -8.91Eur
- 100ml – 3.56Eur
- Comments: I have received a fair amount of brands but not this one and I’d love to see how good it is. I didn’t rate the la roche posay one too much so I am wondering if this is good like bioderma, or a miss like that one.
- Huygens – la creme visage supernature 75ml – 25.11Eur
- 10ml – 3.35Eur
- Comments: I like this brand, though I do find it expensive. However happy to receive products from them as it seems fresh and gentle. This is a hydrating cream which is perfect for a travel bag
- IBY beauty blush brush 19.80Eur
- 19.80Eur. Full size
- Comments: I hoped for this brush, instead of the foundation/flat concealer type brush. It’s a brush and so far hasn’t shed alot so nothing much I can say about this. This brush alone pays off the box value so that’s awesome!
- Whish almond body butter 150ml – 14.58Eur
- 22ml – 2.14Eur
- Comments: What is Birchbox’s deal with this brand. I really don’t think it’s anything special and I think it’s a waste of a product. I have had the shower gel and something else (perhaps a body cream) so this is the third product and I am not impressed. I haven’t tried it yet but this brand just doesn’t appeal to me. I’ll try to use it or give it away but … please no more products from Whish!!
Overall, this box cost me 6.50Eur (as let’s say BOGOF is the same as half price) and the value is 20.25Eur which isn’t bad. Even if you paid for the box as a one off (13Eur) you still get slightly more than you paid for, but then it does depend on the products you’d use. For me the hair products and the brush, plus Huygens makes up alot of the value. So I hope November continues like this..fingers crossed!