Firstly, super super sorry for the insane delay in getting back to posting. I do have a backlog of beauty unboxing posts to get through. I’ve been in the process of moving apartments and that has been more hectic than I imagined! Not to mention still not having any furniture (well, there is a mattress and that’s the important thing!). Anyway back to beauty.. here is an empties post because there was no point me saving up these empties to move them all to the new place, so I took a photo before I recycled the containers to be ready for my next post.
So here we go:
- Karmameju Micellar Water – this was from a beauty box, and I found this to be very gentle. I don’t know if i was super effective in removing make up (compared to other brands) but I did find it to be very gentle whilst doing so. I think though, it wasn’t enough to fully convert me so this is a no to repurchasing.
- Elemis Lavender Cleanser and Toner – I like this brand, and I feel that it feels soft, gentle and caring for my skin. I chose this one as this seemed the best for oily skin and I do know that if I missed out on the toner especially my face would get slightly more oily during the day. I did buy these a long time ago though, they really do last a long time, and though I might have not used them for a while, the size and quality of the products is good enough to repurchase. This will definitely stay on the list to re purchase, but as I have still a mountain of products to get through, it’ll be for another day.
- Body gel – this was from a beauty box and really did smell ALOT like fresh zesty oranges. I took this in my gym bag so it did last a while (mainly because I have been lazy and not been going to the gym as much as I should do..) but I did enjoy smelling this. However, it’s a body gel and I’m pretty much indifferent to those so its a no to repurchasing from me.
- Witch, anti blemish stick – I must admit that I loved this for a long time. I think it did work, it was probably more drying than I wanted it to be but I do feel that it was effective. I don’t know if my skin got used to this or I used it too much, but I felt that towards the end the product wasn’t as effective as it used to be. I have repurchased but I think I will be using this product sparingly instead.
- Bleu des anges toner – OMG this product is soft, gentle ,refreshing and by far the BEST toner I must have ever used. I can’t remember if it is pricy or not, and whilst I still have a ton of toners in my drawers to go through, I certainly think this one will stay in my mind for the future. For anyone out there, I do recommend that you at least check this toner out…it just seems magical.
- Lange Paris BB cream – I think I must be partially allergic to suncream, and I think this might have broken me out a bit. Plus I can’t say much for the scent either, it seemed to strong and sickly for me. The coverage was probably not even decent and I would use this in the summer when I didn’t want a full face either. I don’t recommend purchasing this, it seems nothing more than a slightly tinted cream, and I think there must be better products out there.
- Sephora brightening powder – this was on my project pan posts so I won’t comment much here. I don’t think I will repurchase purely because I would like to try out other finishing powders on the market.
- Benefit Boi-ing concealer – Again, this was in my project pan updates. I have another one that I am currently going through, I do feel that there are probably better concealers out there, but for now concealers are not a top priority (not because I don’t need them) but because this works well enough for me for now.
- Benefit Hello flawless oxygen wow foundation – I commented on this in a post, and to sum it up, it did break down on my face through the day even if I powdered. The colour match was a good enough colour for my skin but I don’t think I’ll repurchase.
- Benefit Some kind-a gorgeous foundation – I disliked this more than anything else I’ve tried. It’s a cream to powder type of formula, and I think it is discontinued, but this seemed oily on my face, didn’t seem to stick, broke down so much (even if I powdered) and towards the end I started using it more as a concealer. I’d not buy this again (even if it wasn’t discontinued), and if I had to, I’d prefer the Hello flawless oxygen one by miles.
That’s it for this post! I’ll have the September Glossybox and October Glossybox AND Birchbox up soon I hope. 🙂
Have a good weekend!