My last Birchbox was in December, because I simply felt like a) I had too many products coming in and b) the products weren’t as good (in my eyes) to merit the subscription. However, as you can see, I got the March box and swiftly cancelled again the monthly subscription. I got the March box as I had some points that were going to expire and I wanted to use the reduction on the Egyptian Magic cream. Birchbox also happened to add two products to the box -their “Best Sellers”, and added to the two samples for purchasing the Egyptian Magic cream, I felt that this month was a good month.
All my products from Birchbox:
Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream – I was super curious to try this out, it contains Olive Oil, Bees Wax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly Extract and Bee Propolis. It doesn’t exactly look like a cream but I think you have to rub a bit to make it a liquidy oil and then apply. I can’t wait to try this out and I’m glad for my 6Eur reduction.
Lait Creme Concentre – I love this, as already featured in one of my empties posts and I purposely chose a small sample size of this for travel, rather than trying something new. Just shows how much I love this product.
Arnaud Nutri Regenerante (Wrinkle filling serum) – I went for this one, not because I have wrinkles (yet) but more because it’s a serum that I can try out, and the other options didn’t really call out to me.
As for my two products that were added on to this box in a promotion (I didn’t know what they were in advance):
- Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in the colour New York. I guess this is a liquid lipstick and I’m loving the colour. It’s like a vibrant bright red that seems perfect for spring. I just quickly swatched this on my hand and it is bright for sure. Seems to be a thick creamy texture too.
- Dermanace Moisturising Foundation Mineral Care Powder in Golden Beige. My first mineral powders were from, of course, Bare Minerals which I loved for a long while. This colour seems to be matching my skin I think, and I’m definitely going to try this out.
The contents of my box:
- Ciate Nail Varnish. 13.5ml – 9.95Eur
- 5ml – 3.69Eur
- Comments: I tried this and it really is fast drying. I love it. I always hate putting on nail varnish as I always seem to mess it up, no matter how long I dry my nails for. I’ll walk around like a zombie and really watch what I’m doing only to mess it up accidentally at some point. With this though, no problems at all. I like it!
- Sampar Equalising Foam Peel. 30ml – 39Eur
- 15ml – 19.50Eur
- Comments: I think this brand is actually quite pricy and I highly doubt that I will actually buy anything from Sampar but I am always open to try new products, especially expensive ones that I wouldn’t go for normally.
- Whish – Pomegranate body wash. 390ml – 16.25Eur
- 30ml – 1.25Eur
- Comments: I know that this brand is always heavily used by Birchbox (or at least that’s my impression) as I have a body lotion from Whish. As mentioned, I don’t particularly get too fussy over body washes, but I like the travel sizes to put in my gym bag for sure.
- Aussie 3 minute miracle. 250ml – 9.25Eur
- 75ml – 2.78Eur
- Comments: I have never tried this brand, but I certainly have always wanted to in the back of my mind. Unrelated note, at this rate, I have so many conditioners from boxes that I don’t need to buy any myself! I can’t wait to try this one out and perhaps find myself a convert….Having said that, I just checked out the ingredients and I see Parabens, I don’t think that’s a good thing right?
- Les Anges ont la peau douce (Angels have soft skin) – L’eau bleue des Anges (Blue water of angels). 200ml – 19Eur
- 30ml – 2.85Eur
- Comments: This is a toner, and I’m actually curious to see how this works out. There are no parabens, alcohol or phtalates in this. (I need to find out what phtalates are..)
This is worth: 36.33Eur, for a box that cost 13Eur. Not bad indeed, and I’m quite liking the products. Not enough to re subscribe though, probably more because I am rapidly running out of bathroom space..